Data Analyst Graduate Jobs Overview
Data Analysis is the systematic application of statistical and logical approaches to analyze, evaluate, interpret, and recap data or sets of data. Data Analysts extract and illustrate meaning from data which in turn empowers and encourages companies and organizations to make better and more informed decisions.
It should be noted that data analysts must uphold data integrity to maintain secure and accurate data and avoid exposure to potential risks. Furthermore, data analysis has become one of the most sought-after jobs globally.
Types of Data Analysts
- Medical and Healthcare Analyst
- Market Research Analyst
- Business Analyst
- Business intelligence Analyst
- Operations Research Analyst
- Intelligence Analyst
Generally, a data analyst is responsible for the organization and interpretation of data for an organization or company to make an informed decision. The following are the most common duties and responsibilities.
- Respond to data-related queries
- Conduct research on innovations with data analysis
- Set up processes and systems to efficiently work with data
- Present information generated from data
- Remove corrupted data and repair errors in coding
- Assess the quality and meaning of data
- Determine, analyze, and interpret patterns and trends of complex data sets through the utilization of statistical tools for appropriate diagnosis and prediction
- Be updated with local, national, and global trends that affect the organization.
- Design and implement data governance strategies
- Prepare and present analysis reports that are easily understood to encourage informed, fact and trend-based decisions.
Finding a Data Analyst Graduate Job
If you’re looking to pursue a career as a Data Analyst, you can do your job searching from online job portals such as Prosple. Prosple Singapore offers you a vast selection of future employment and employers.
- ABeam Consulting
- Accenture Singapore
- Amazon Web Services Singapore
- Apple Singapore
- Beep Technologies
- Byte Dance
- Cisco Singapore
- Defence Science and Technology Agency
- Dell Singapore
- Data Analyst Graduate Jobs in Australia
- Data Analyst Graduate Jobs in Indonesia
- Data Analyst Graduate Jobs in New Zealand
- Data Analyst Graduate Jobs in Philippines
Requirements and Qualifications
Data analysis is a critical part of the decision-making process of companies and organizations. Thus, it is highly recommended that you know the certain necessary requirements, qualifications, and skills of a data analyst. The following are the common must-haves for you to land a job as a data analyst.
- An excellently crafted curriculum vitae or resume
- A Degree related to Data Analysis, like Data Science, Computer Science, and Statistics
- Proficient with Programming languages like SQL, Oracle, MATLAB, and Python
- Proficient with database design development, data models, data mining, and segmentation
- Proficient with statistical packages like Excel, SPSS, and SAS for the analysis of data sets
- Data visualization
- The systematic and logical approach
- Accurate and Detail-oriented
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proficient with mathematics and statistics
- Practical problem-solving, critical and analytical thinking skills
- Team Working skills
- Composure and professionalism to work under pressure and time constraints
- Strong working knowledge of analyzing, modeling, and interpreting data
Salary reports from Glassdoor show that Data Analysts in Singapore are paid at an average base pay of SGD 4,550.00 per month. This base pay can increase to SGD. 12,621.00 as total pay.
Pursuing advanced or graduate studies in the field of Data Analysis encourages and empowers you to be more proficient and reliable in the area. Thus, we have listed below the schools and universities in Singapore that offer graduate studies and degrees related to Data Analysis.
- Nanyang Technological University
- National University of Singapore
- Aventis School of Management
Alternative Career Options
If a career as a data analyst is quite unfitting for you, you still have other alternative career options you may want to pursue. Such career options include Cyber Security, Software Engineering, and Video Game Development.